Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Let's chat about CHÉRIE

Hi everyone! 


I am so excited to finally be sharing with you the name of my blog! Last post I told you guys the two main factors that were helping me shape the name of my magazine. One was thinking of a word in a different language, the other was thinking of a specific keyword and maybe finding a unique synonym for it. I first came up with the name DIME, I thought it was a nice 1 syllable name that could potentially mean "10" like the coin and imply that the females who read this magazine could always feel like a 10 on a scale from 1 to 10. I realized that it was very corny, that in some ways it reminded me of TIME magazine, and it wasn't feminine enough for a magazine with a female target audience. After I scratched that name off, I began to use one of the techniques the article from the last post recommended, which was to think of one in a different language. 

For the past 4 years of I have been learning the French language, and a word that I always found very pretty was simply the word pretty but in French of course. JOLIE! I was very set on this name until I looked down on my computer and saw a cherry sticker I have next to my keypad. I thought naming the magazine cherry would have been feminine, I automatically thought about the color red and the power that it conveys. But of course, that didn't really have a meaning, and by then I was really hung up on the name being French like VOGUE's is. So I thought of CHÉRIE! It sounds like cherry, but it's the French word for sweetheart. Which was so perfect in my eyes! It was a mix of all of the things I want, it's meaningful, it's French, and it is feminine. CHÉRIE was what my fashion teacher in my study abroad to Paris called me and the rest of the girls in my class, so its a very sweet reminder for me! Now I'm getting very excited about my pictures and in my next post, I'm going to be sharing my schedule for my photoshoot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment