Monday, March 4, 2019

Let's chat about the name of the magazine

Hi everyone!

This week I decided it was only fitting to finally give the magazine a name! I have been thinking long and hard about what it could be, I knew I wanted it to be original. Nothing very unique came to mind, so naturally, I did some research on magazine names. As I have mentioned dozens of times, I love VOGUE magazine and it is a big source of inspiration to my magazine so I researched what the name "VOGUE" really meant. In the article https://www.babynames.com/name/vogue, it states that the origin of the name is French, but that originally an Italian verb, Vogare, which means "to go well". This all leads to it being a word for popular/fashion in French.

After reading that article I knew I wanted the name of my magazine to have a name with meaning, rather than maybe my last name, or something just pretty like the name of a flower. This article http://magazinecreationacademy.com/5-tips-to-naming-your-magazine-baby/ truly helped me break down the steps and gave me some tips in thinking for one. I really gravitated towards the ideas of it being in a different language and had a keyword always in mind that I tried finding synonyms for. It was a very stressful process, not only finding a meaningful name but also picturing with the cover, making sure it wasn't too long and that it hadn't been used. For now, I'm in between two... but if we are lucky I'll decide on one and announce it on my next post. Stay tuned!;)

- Andrea







No comments:

Post a Comment